- WARNING 1: this is only tested for the 2GB version. It will probably brick the 4GB version.
- WARNING 2: performing an OTA update from Android 5.1 to 6 will remove the root capabilities, so you'll have to redo the whole process. For 6.x (Marshmallow) the process differs from the 5.x (Lollipop). The post is updated to show where the steps differ.
Have been looking for a way to root my Lenovo Yoga Pro Tab3 10. Here's how I did it. Thanks to the guys from xda-developers !
- Backup all personal data from your LYTP3 to a safe host, as your device will be wiped and formatted completed;
- Format a 4GB SD card and insert it into the LYTP3;
- Download twrp-22.214.171.124(6)-x90-data-enabled.img.zip, and unzip it onto your computer.